NPES, The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies, supports and administers the activities of the ANSI-accredited B65 Committee.
The B65 Committee is a standards-developing group accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The purpose of the B65 Committee is to develop ANSI safety standards for printing presses, bindery machines and other printing equipment.
The B65 Committee develops ANSI safety standards for:
- printing presses and press systems
- binding/finishing equipment and systems
- bindery cutting machines
- platen presses
- ink making equipment
These standards address:
- design, arrangement, designation, and color scheme of controls and signaling devices
- guarding and interlocking of guards
- mechanical safety devices
- safe practices as they apply to printing equipment
B65 International Role
The B65 Committee coordinates with similar activities in the European community and other countries through participation in related work within the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Participation on the B65 Committee is open to anyone having an interest.
For more information on the B65 Committee and other standards activities, visit the Standards Workroom.